FICA is the only institution to have Observer Status at UNCITRAL which is not a State nor a Major entity. FICA provides bespoke ADR Rules and Regulations and administers disputes.
FICA offers panels of expert determiners and dispute resolvers who are available for appointment.
Founded in 1998, FICA is a not-for-profit non-governmental organisation which:
- Provides administration services for preventing and resolving disputes.
- Offers experienced dispute resolvers who practice in various jurisdictions around the world.
- Offers multi-lingual and multi-jurisdictional experience.
- Provides administration services for prevention of disputes.
- Where disputes have arisen provides administration services for their resolution.
- Offers a Panel of Dispute Resolvers with multi-lingual and multi-jurisdictional experience.
- Offers transparency of administration and flexibility of rules.
- Has accreditation from the WTO, the ITC and UNCITRAL.
- Has Observer Status with all six working groups of UNCITRAL.
In 2002 FICA was invited with Observer status to attend UNCITRAL. FICA was accredited to the WTO in 1999 and International Trade Centre (ITC) in 1998.
The ITC also invites FICA to the biannual meetings hosted by the ITC of Dispute Resolution Institutions.